Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Yes, I'm alive...

Boy, I sure caught some flack for not posting since Feb. I've got things going on in my life to talk about, it's just that I never make the time for posting. I've got lots to catch up on, but let's just start with the biggie...

Went to Las Vegas at the end of March for my first official Dance-O-Rama! Arthur Murray International puts on about 10 of them each year all over the world (mostly in the US). It was 3 exciting days of dancing at all levels from folks all over the world. It was amazing and crazy and totally overwhelming. I did freestyles in waltz, tango, foxtrot, rumba, samba, mambo, swing, west coast swing, hustle, cha cha, jive, merengue and a foxtrot solo. I did pretty well considering the all the talented dancers and tough competition. I came home with 6 medals: 1 bronze (west coast swing), 2 silvers (cha cha and hustle), and 3 golds (foxtrot, jive, merengue). My whole family went (minus my Dad), so it was a mini-reunion as well. Didn't get to spend a lot of time site seeing, but we did a little. I also caught some flack from the guys in the office who are gamblers since I didn't even spend a nickel in the slots. Oh well, that's just not my thing. We made some great friends with folks from the Long Beach studio. That was a surprise and treat since you'd think it'd be tough with all the competitiveness, but everyone was great. It was tough coming home from all the glamour and fun, but I'll have sweet memories of that trip. See pictures below. I'll add more once I get the professional shots of me & Dave scanned.

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

I'm so glad to see you back on track! I'd like to know more! Keep blogging...