Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Dance-O-Rama P.S.

Wow! What an experience! It's difficult to explain what it was like. Unless you feel about dancing the way I do, you probably just won't get it. When I talk about it, most people just give me that sideways look and seem to want to pat me on the head like a 5-year old. That's ok.

Truly though, it was an emotional experience. I was so relieved when it was over (I didn't have to be nervous anymore - which I was on so many levels) and yet, I was also sad that it was over. This experience gave me so much of what I dream of for my life...excitement, beauty, glamour, romance, challenge. It was hard to leave it and I can understand why everyone gets so excited about it. Still, it's going to be a while before I can do anything at this level again.

It never ceases to amaze me how much goes into preparing for a competition (time, effort, money, blood, sweat and tears). It's like those rides at the theme park that you wait in line for what seems like hours just for a few thrilling moments. You have to be careful not to blink or you'll miss it. The great thing about dancing is that I'll forever have the memories (not to mention pictures and video) and all that I've learned will go with me into preparing for the next one.

I can't wait for the next ride :)

No comments: