Friday, June 03, 2005

Joey "oh baby baby" Gian

A little over a month ago, I was on a mad search for a song to do a swing routine to in our next Showcase. I had a deadline since we had a session with a choreographer and was panicked because I was running out of time and had found nothing. Then, in a flash of brilliance, I remembered this song...What If Loved You (by Joey Gian) -- you have to have Rhapsody to be able to listen...sorry :(

I came across this artist years ago (some time in the late 80s or early 90s). I saw him in a movie called "Mad About You" and fell in love with his voice. I'm ashamed to say that I kinda forgot about him over the years. I rediscovered him in the David Duchovny/Minnie Driver movie "Return To Me". He plays a band leader in the movie and recorded a couple of songs on the soundtrack (his only recordings available for purchase). It's hard to place him a genre since he sings quite a variety of styles (rock, big band, ballads, etc.). He's got a sexy, gravely voice and of course, he's adorable! If you haven't seen the movie, I highly recommend it...and dont' forget to check out the special features to see his video of this song.

1 comment:

Sweet T said...

when i first saw Return to Me, i thot Joey Gian was just an actor playing a "bandstand guy". actually, i still thot that up until i read your entry about him.
i love that movie. so much that i watched it again monday when i had no cable.