Saturday, August 13, 2005

Movie Review

Anyone who knows me, knows how much I love the movies. In my family and close knit group of friends, I'm known (with envy) as the "Movie Queen". I remember lots of useless information about movies, those I've seen and some I haven't. The running game when seeing a movie for the first time is to name a movie the relatively unknown actor has been in. Whoever gets it first wins. It's usually a close contest between me and my nephew, Antonio.

Anyway, the last movie I saw was "Must Love Dogs" with Diane Lane and John Cusack. I wasn't sure if I really wanted to see it because I'm pretty tired of the old maid, bitter divorcee role, but I love both actors and thought I'd give it a chance. I invited my two best gal pals to join me, my sister, Bonnie, and my friend, Jayne. The humor was fabulous! You never think they can come up with something new, but I'm always amazed and impressed when they do. The movie starts out with a family gathering...an intervention actually...for Diane Lane's character, who is recently divorced. Her entire family converges on her, each with a picture of a potential suitor. Personally, I think it was the family and her relationship with each that was the basis of the movie's humor. That's also one of the reasons I loved My Big Fat Greek Wedding so much. Anyone who has a crazy, meddling, mean, loving, dysfunctional family can relate. And really, what's better than life to laugh at. We give it three thumbs up!!!

No comments: